June is Pride Month, and it’s an ideal opportunity to show your support for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer community. No matter where you live, it’s easy to get in on the fun this summer. Here are just a few ways to celebrate Pride all month long. (We’ve also included some Pride-themed events that will take place later in the summer.)
1. Have a drink at New York City’s Stonewall Inn, or one of these other unique LGBTQ-owned businesses in cities where Blueground has a presence.
2. March in the Vienna Pride Parade on June 11th
3. Surprise someone you care about or fill your home with the spirit of Pride with an arrangement of rainbow roses from Bouqs. (Blueground guests are eligible for exclusive discounts from Bouqs and our other partners. Check the app for a coupon code for up to 25% off sustainably sourced, farm-fresh flowers and plants.)
4. Check out Washington D.C.’s Pride Parade on June 11th, or post up the following day for an outdoor festival with food, drinks and three stages with live music.
5. Take in the exhibits at the Leslie-Lohman Museum of Art, the only dedicated LGBTQ art museum in the world.
6. Attend the Los Angeles Pride Parade on June 12th!
8. Read James Baldwin’s classic novel Giovanni’s Room.
9. Attend the Athens Pride Parade on June 18.
10. Show your support for transgender equality with a bumper sticker from the Human Rights Campaign.
11. Dance yourself silly at Zurich’s Official Pride Party on June 18.
12. Stream Moonlight, a wonderful coming of age story starring Mahershala Ali.
13. Celebrate Pride on June 19 at Arraial Lisboa Pride, the largest Pride celebration in Portugal!
14. Watch Angels in America, the amazing HBO miniseries about the effect of the AIDS crisis on the movement for LGBTQ equality in the US.
15. Show your support at Barcelona’s BCN 22 Parade on June 25.
16. Send a book of Audre Lorde’s poems to someone special in your life.
17. Celebrate Pride in Paris on June 25th.
18. Sign a petition to support equal human rights in your area. Check Change.org for LGBTQ-rights initiatives in your community.
19. Cheer on the LGBTQ community in NYC’s Pride Parade on June 26th.
20. Stream the steamy romance Blue Is the Warmest Color.
21. Participate in one of the world’s biggest Pride festivals in San Francisco on June 26th.
22. Check out the exhibits at Berlin’s Schwules Muesum, the first museum in the world dedicated to gay culture.
23. Make a donation to Safe Place International’s Athens Housing Collective, which offers a safe home and a loving community to LGBTQIA+ refugees in Athens.
24. Show your support for the LGBTQ community on June 26th at Seattle’s Pride Parade.
25. Make a donation to The Trevor Project, an organization dedicated to supporting LGBTQ youth.
26. Celebrate Pride in the Mile High City at the Denver Pride Parade on June 26th.
27. Learn about how the movement for equality changed the USA for the better at San Francisco’s GLBT Historical Society.
28. Join the fun as the LGBTQ community turns out for the Chicago Pride Parade on June 26th.
29. Show your support for transgender equality with a cute new T-shirt.
30. Visit the ONE National Gay & Lesbian Archives in Los Angeles, where you can learn about the histories of people who have championed equality throughout the years.
You can also celebrate later this summer at international events like London’s Pride Parade on July 2, Madrid Orgullo, the Spanish capital’s annual parade on July 9th, and Berlin’s Pride Parade on July 23rd.
Austin residents can turn out to celebrate Pride on August 13.
We hope you will have a blast while supporting human rights in your local community this summer!
If you’re moving or looking for a new place to live this year, check out Blueground’s turnkey apartments in amazing cities around the world. Booking a flexible rental lets you skip many of the hassles associated with a traditional rental apartment – and spend more time exploring. All of our chic furnished apartments in Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and North America have stocked kitchens, fast Wi-Fi, and discrete spaces for living and working.